Splash Dual Language Immersion
What is Splash Dual Language Immersion?
Martin Millennium Academy is excited to offer the Splash Dual language immersion program. Dual language provides an attractive option for all parents who want to offer their child with the competitive advantage of being able to speak two languages fluently. Parents wishing to enroll their child in the program must start during the child's kindergarten year. Once enrolled, scholars spend 90% of their day fully immersed in the Spanish language with a highly qualified, native spanish-speaking teacher. The results are amazing! Within months, scholars in the program begin to develop conversational Spanish speaking ability!
Children who learn in two languages benefit from high academic achievement, language proficiency, increased critical thinking skills, increased cognitive development and greater cultural sensitivity, according to recent studies.
Program Description from our Global Education Partner, Participate
Built on more than 25 years of supporting language instruction and solid experience in implementation and support of dual language programs, Splash provides a comprehensive, framework to develop high-quality dual immersion programs. Martin Millennium has partner with Participate to bring the Splash program to our school. Each of our dual language teachers receives intensive support from Participate to ensure that our scholars are exposed to the most recent research-based instructional strategies.
- Immersion-specific instructional training, coaching and support for all of our teachers.
- Resources for parents and students, i.e.: homework help, free Spanish language classes for parents.
- All of our Spanish Immersion teachers make a commitment to live in the surrounding communities.
- Standards-aligned curricular content, grade-level material recommendations and suggested curricular maps.
- Parent and community outreach resources.